Long before I started working at TruBliss, I loved going to the Spa.
Treating myself to massages, facials, body scrubs, hand and foot treatments (I could go on and on) was something that I really didn't get into until my late 30's (better late than never) and the fact that there is so much science backing up how taking care of ourselves in this way can reduce stress and help us solve a number of mental and physical health issues, well that's just a huge bonus for all of us....
April is Stress Awareness Month; (so why am I writing this in August?) Because I also believe that we need to be focusing our awareness on our Health, Happiness and Well Being every day.... I don't have to tell you the downside of stress and unresolved stress related issues and how they have numerous negative impacts in every area of our lives.
Stress happens, and it happens and manifests for all of us in different ways.
Allowing yourself the opportunity to relax is key to keeping those stress and anxiety levels under control. For many people, relaxation, de-stressing and re-energizing includes a day at the spa. (or at least a couple of hours)
Spa treatments and massage therapies, which can be quick and pretty affordable, create both mental and physical health benefits.
In fact, studies have shown that the frequency of visiting a spa directly correlates with better quality sleep, fewer sick days, reduced absenteeism from work and fewer hospitalizations.
More specifically, the far infrared heat from the BioMat, a hot tub, sauna or steam shower soothes aches and pains from arthritis, fibromyalgia and other joint issues. Hydrotherapy, heat therapy and massages both improve blood circulation and manage blood pressure.
Throughout the process of massage therapy, lymph flow stimulation enhances the immune system. Proper lymph flow helps the body’s defense, draws out metabolic waste, excess water, toxins, and bacteria from the muscles. Swelling and soreness decreases while ability to fight off disease increases.
Massage also improves circulation and posture.
Facials and Foot Treatments detoxify the skin from built up waste and bacteria. That's important because the skin is not only the largest organ in the body, but also the first line of defense against environmental toxins.
Facials also release stress tension from the head and neck, which can prevent headaches.
Body Scrubs exfoliate and nourish the skin through the earth’s natural elements, like soil, clay, and water, which are full of vitamins and minerals.
1) De-Stress, every treatment that I know of at TruBliss will help to Relax, Soothe and De-Stress You.
2) Get Healthy, following your therapists tips and advice at home can, among other things, increase your relaxation, and leads to a better and healthier lifestyle.
3) Mental Health Benefits, you might not want to admit it- but getting regular Spa and Wellness treatments will help your mental health, boost your confidence and self esteem and make you feel relaxed and calm.
4) Detoxification, a foot scrub, body massage, scrub or facial will help you detox and get rid of bloating and water retention which in turn, helps you feel great.
5) Feel and Look Your Best, taking care of your mind and body helps with the "anti-aging" craze that so many people are on these days. Let's face it, we all want to look and feel our best - and a Spa Treatment is one great way of making sure you're on top of that!
6) Improve Blood Circulation and Manage Your Blood Pressure, massages, biomat treatments, body treatments, all help with better blood circulation as well as help regulate blood pressure.
7) Improve Flexibility and Breathing, special signature treatments and services that some spas offer (yoga, pilates, raindrop therapy treatments, for example) all help with improving our flexibility and breathing.
8) Get Better Sleep, a body and mind that are dealing and handling stress and tension well is going to be able to sleep much better too.
10) Increase Your Energy and Boost Your Immune System, a trip to the spa is an amazing way to have better energy and boost your immune system.
Any and all of these treatments definitely have their health benefits, and taking regular trips to your favourite Day Spa is an absolute step in the right direction of living a Happy, Healthy and Blissful Life!
To Your Happiness, Great Health and Lots of Amazing Spa Days! Rosemary